Own a piece of Google!
I know, that sounds a bit “Sensational”, but websites are considered realestate and you can be right there on the front of the building, “first page of Google search”. Here’s how…
Do you get a lot of questions about your business or industry?
Since I started my own business, I have been tracking what questions people ask me. It helps me keep focus on what my customers are looking for. Over the last year, I have see huge jumps and declines in questions about videos, social media, web sites, and search engine optimization, (SEO). No big surprise there, except for the question I have been getting multiple times almost every day for the last 2 months. Yup, almost every client I talk to wants an answer to this one question.
“Are there any affordable options to SEO?”
If you know anything about the market, SEO is in high demand and good SEO has a price. A lot of that has to do with Google and them changing their formula on how they rank pages. Following rules that worked last year, to get you on the front page of Google, now can get you dropped from the first page or possible out of Google totally. I’ve been doing SEO work for over a decade, and I have see more changes in the last 18 months than I have in the last 10 years.
SEO is a moving target and once you think you have it mastered, Google changes the rules again.
There is hope, and I’m going to give it to you one of my secrets. There are a few things, that when done right, and on a consistent basis, can help you get ranked on the front page of Google. Here is a solid formula, that has worked for me for the last year. It leverages Google and Youtube to get your content on the front page quickly.
1. Keyword research. Use a tool like Jaaxy.com to do some keyword research. (sign up for their free test drive) Find the best “green” keyword for your business or product. A good number to use as a base is 1000. The higher the search volume, the better.
2. Create a power point that shows the top 5 FAQs and the top 5 SAQs (questions that your customers should be asking)
3. Use a program like http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html (they have a 30 day trial) and record a video of walking through the power point and talking about the 5 FAQs and 5 SAQs. Don’t worry, no camera needed.
4. Post to Youtube. If you have a Google email, this will be quick. If you don’t, set one up. In the title, use your keywords twice. Here is an example of what I mean. If my keyword is “office space”, then I might do something like, “Office Space – How to pick the best office space for your company.” You see the keyword in there twice? Search engines like that. Then, use your keyword a few times in the description. Make sure it sounds good and don’t over-do-it. Lastly, put a link to your site in the description.
5. If you have a Facebook, Google+ or any social media presence, do a quick post about the video, using your keywords and post a link to your video.
Every couple hours, do 2 searches, using your keyword. One on Google and one on Youtube. You should start to see your video show up. Sometimes it can take longer if you picked a highly competitive keyword. That is why we pick the “Green” keywords from Jaaxy. You can get them ranked quicker than the yellow or red.
I hope you use this and get some results. If you do, or have any questions, leave a comment.